Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A little change in color

I decided I wanted to change the color of my hair. My hair is black. I wanted to add a little color to the tips of the front of my hair. The tips were supposed to be red. I really wanted the tips to be blonde, red, and purple fading into each other. I know that sounds like a bit to much, lol. It would of been just a highlight, not too much. First off, my resources for this to happen was very limited. All I had was Clairol Pure White 40 and Kiss Express hair color in Truly Red. I Googled other ways I could lighten my hair with at home products and only found peroxide. I had peroxide, but I had used it before to lighten my hair and didn't see much of a difference. I wanted to try household bleach, but I was scared, lol. I Googled that too. Most people said my hair would fall out. Definitely didn't want that, lol. I asked my mama she told me I could use the Clairol Pure White 40 by itself to lighten my hair. That's exactly what I did and it took FOREVER to start showing a change. My hair only got a little bit lighter; dark brown. After I washed that out, I put the Kiss color in. That couldn't give me the color I wanted because my hair wasn't light enough. The tips of my hair is now a dark maroon. Not the color I was looking for, but it doesn't look bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment