Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Review: L'Oreal BB Cream



I first found out about this product while in Walgreens testing their L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base(review coming soon). The retail price ranges from $6.99-8.99, depending on where you buy it. I got it half priced because Walgreens had a sale going on. The usual 'buy 1 get 1 half price'. I personally don't like paying more than $5 for anything, lol. You get a lot for your' money with this product. I think this product could easily last 2-3 months with regular use.
It's a 4 in 1 cream: perfect, prime, hydrate, correct.                                                            
In my personal opinion, this product is not tailored for dark skin tones. There are 4 shades: fair, light, medium, deep. The color I have is deep; which still gives a pale look to my face. It makes blemishes and skin discolorations moderately less noticeable. If you have major skins issues do not expect this to work a miracle.
The product has a weird gritty feeling to it that I was not expecting. It feels like an exfoliater. After doing some research I found an answer for this. The feel is actually the pigments beads. As you rub the pressure busts the pigment beads and that's how you get the color.
This brings me to my next subject: the color. The color starts off as a silver grey. This was alarming to me because I have brown skin. After applying I still wasn't too fond of the color. In addition, the cream has a glittery look to it that shows on the skin. I used this for a week and after that week of usage I noticed a slight improvement of my skin that I was not expecting. L'Oreal's bb cram works great as a primer and oil reduction.                                                                                                                                                     Pros: good primer, moderate oil reduction, improvement of skin                                             
Cons: glitter, pale shade on darker skin tones

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! If you don't mind me asking, what were the skin benefits you received? I use this product as a primer for the L'oreal super blendable powder. I'm not too fond of wearing it alone because of the silver color; maybe it needs more time to work on my skin? You and I are similar in complexion and I have blemishes as well but I also have major darkness under my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. I do apologize for the very late response. Sense I don't wear makeup a lot I don't use it a lot. I rarely use it. So I can't say it did, or didn't have any benefits. I had the "silver" tone you are talking about, but I realized you have to really work it when applying it so it can break down the tiny color balls it has. I can't speak on anything to help with the darkness under your eye, but glycolic acid peels works very well for me when it comes to blemishes/acne and acne scarring. I hope I was able to help you. Thank you ;-)

      Delete