Thursday, July 12, 2012

June 13th changed everything

June the 13th changed everything for good, forever.


You couldn't get the best of me without bringing out the worst in me.

June the 13th the break in my heart's anniversary.


You could never understand me, but you were quick to hold my hand. From the moment we began I knew we had to end, and we ended too soon to for me...you broke my hand's clutch, killed a piece of my heart. I drowned my soul with my tears. I numbed the pain with hostility. I severed the joy your name used to bring to me. The break up left me gasping for air or should I say love?...maybe just for you?
The mirror reflected misery. It took everything in me just to get the thought of you out of me. But, who am I kidding when my mind wont let me forget you, &my heart will always remember you...
your smile was so familiar to me. I hope you can still smile when you think of me. Do you ever reminisce of my laugh, smile, how soft my skin was, our first kiss, or how we even ended up like this?
Now, it's just history, another chapter in Ma'Lyssa's Diary.
We don't even talk. I guess we should burn the memories and title them as "unknown". I thought we were grown, and mature enough to at least get civil every now n then and speak...a simple "hello" would work for me.
My heart says how bold of me to slip backwards, and appreciate he who has ruined everything I thought we'd be.
And to be honest neither one of us can take back the things we said and did. I'd bet my last dollar we'd do it all over again without changing a thing.
I'm just lingering neither here nor there without a care of where you are or what you're doing.
I must confess, estranged friend one time lover, I think about you...

No comments:

Post a Comment