Monday, September 28, 2009

Real Chicago.

Chicago Pictures, Images and Photos
Is it just me...? It annoys me when people say they live Chicago and they actually don't. If you can't put Chicago (IL) on your mail then you obviously don't live in Chicago. If your local public transportation is Pace not CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) then most likely you don't stay in Chicago. If you have to drive to Chicago then you don't live in Chicago...duh. So stop claiming Chicago.

I was born in Chicago, but raised in Texas. I moved to Texas when I was 4. Chicago is the place I call home. I have lived there on and off. I think Chicago is one of the most diverse places to live. Dually noted, it is one the most violent places, too...it is what it is.
It has featured some of the greatest artists; Kanye West (despite his battle with asshole syndrome), Common, the Plain White Tees, etc...

"And what I loved most she had so much soul
She said, "Excuse me little homie, I know you don't know me - but,
My name is Wendy and, I like to blow trees" and,
From that point I never blow her off...
And when I grew up she showed me how to go downtown
And at nighttime my face lit up so astounding
And I told her in my heart is where she always be...
And if you don't know by now, I'm talking about Chi town"
-Kanye West

No comments:

Post a Comment