Thursday, July 12, 2012

A short story: I fell in love with the DJ

I fell in love with the DJ(pt.1)

Ok, heres the scenario: Sat. 12pm its 3 of my girls and me. Club CityHigh was packed wall to wall, bangin the hottest jams. Toj and Teesha are dancing the night away. As usual Keish and I were at the bar talking about the same thing we always, "Men". We were sharing our dream men this time.
"I want a tall dark handsome man."  is all I heard from Keish. By the second sentence I was dazed into the crowd of motioning bodies. I was thinking "I'm beautiful, with no kids, a condo, a Mercedes Benz, & well paying job. I basicly hold my own.". But, one thing stuck out the most; I was single.
My thoughts soon got interupted by Toj saying "We come here almost evey weekend and you never dance. Girl, tonight you are gettin on that dance floor!". I thought to myself "Please don't let me make a fool of myself.". I slowly dragged my body out to the floor and made the littlest movements as possible for the fear of embarassing myself.
As I was moving I heard a voice yelling "Ay, beautiful nice moves!". I looked around to find the face that matched the voice.
I heard a voice yell "Up here!". I looked up n saw him, the DJ. He had the prettiest caramel colored eyes.
"Is this your first time here?", yelled the DJ.
"No!", I said.
"Seems like it by the way you're dancing!", said the DJ.
I gave him the evil eye. He laughed and said "You know that face is kind of cute!".
I continued to do my movements and ignored his comment. After around 5 minutes he yelled "Whas yo name, gorgeous?".
I replied "Twan.".
"Well, Twan, I'm on my last record. What song would you like to hear?".
"Good things.".
"The artist being Rich Boy?"
"You're the DJ. You should know better than me.", I giggled.
"I was just playing with you. I know its Rich Boy.", he giggled back.
The song started to play and my body felt free. My movements suddenly became sync with the song. Maybe this was happening because I knew he was watching me.
I wanted to appeal to his better half.

*song stops*
It was 3:51am and my girls were ready to leave.

I began to move my way towards Toj, Keish, and Teesha. But, someone grabbing my hand quickly stops me. I look back to see who it was. It was the DJ.
He said "I was hoping to get to know you outside of CityHigh...If thats ok with you?".
"Yea, thats cool with me.", I smiled and said shyly.
"So, can I get seven numbers that lead to you?"
I gladly wrote my name and number in his arm because neither one of us had a pen or paper.
As we parted and went our separate ways I felt my heart beat faster. He gave me butterflies. At this moment I began to believe love at first sight because I fell in love with the DJ tonight.


This was my first short story I ever wrote ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment